Wednesday, March 07, 2012

My Value

I wrote this poem while serving with Athletes In Action at the Olympics in Vancouver in 2010. God put it upon my heart and one evening before I went to bed I wrote it all out.

I wrote it in one sitting, so not my best work. But, at Christmas I was journaling and it fell out of my journal and my brother, Nathan, read it and told me I should post it... I forgot and was journaling last week and saw it again... so, here it is.


My Value

Where is my value found?

Can I even find it on Earth?

Is my value found in gold or silver?

Is it in the clothes I wear,

Or the car I drive?

Is my value in my performance,

If I am the fastest, strongest or smartest?

Is it found in my music or my voice,

Can it be found in my ability to dance?

Is it found in my intelligence,

Or even in my love for people?

Can it even be found in the praises of man?

Where is my value found?

Is it found in a warm embrace,

Or that smile from across the room?

Can my value be found in a special woman?

Where is my value found?

Is it in the love of my father,

Or the care of my mother?

Is my value found in being thought of as a nice guy,

Or in just simply being accepted?

I want to find my value,

And where it is founded.

It is found in His hands.

My value is found in His blood,

It is found in the cross.

I can carry my head high,

Because I am His beloved.

My value is found in Him.

I am His ambassador

I am invaluable

I am pure

I am paid for

Nothing can deplete or increase my value,

Because nothing on earth

Can be found that can match

The price that was paid for my life

Not gold, silver, diamonds or gold

I am loved

I am valued

I am pure

I am of worth

I am lovely

I am cheered for

I am the twinkle in His eye

I am the best part of His day

I am completely forgiven

I am His

I am LOVED

No comments: