Thursday, November 03, 2011

What is Wrong with the Occupy Wall Street and elsewhere Demonstrations?

Lots of people have been talking about the Occupy movement, and it just didn't quite sit well with me. I understand where they are coming from. Something needs to change. But, I felt that they were directing their protests at the symptoms, rather than the root of the problem. Adizes makes a very good argument here about what he believes the root of the problem is. Personally, I feel that the root is greed, selfishness and most of all sin, but I also really like what he is saying.
What he says will not really be adored by Business or Economics Schools, but I believe he is correct... and that is coming from a person who just completed his MBA! Personally I just can't buy in to the notion of profits being the end-goal while neglecting the heart and caring about the people who make, supply and purchase the products! People are more important than profits!
The HEART and LOVE are more important than anything else! When you die what will you want to be remembered for? And what will be most important to you as you near death? Trying to make more profits, or connecting with people and giving them, and yourself meaning?
Okay, enough of me talking, read it for yourself!

What is Wrong with “Occupy Wall Street and elsewhere” Demonstrations?

No comments: